Go through Avoid Headaches Naturally much more



Do you get headaches? I used to get them all the time. In fact, during college, I'd have them almost daily. I didn't know how to avoid headaches naturally; I loved Excedrin. It really does work. Well, it gets rid of the headache, anyway. I mean, as long as the headache went away, the problem was gone. Right?

Wrong. Really wrong.

When your "service engine soon" light comes on in the dashboard of your car, what do you do? Do you think to yourself, "Hey that pesky light is on again. I don't want to look at it, so I'm going to put a sticker over that spot so that I won't have to see it anymore," and then go on your way? No, of course not! That would be idiotic. That light is a warning, telling you that your car needs attention. If you ignore it, you will cause irreparable damage to the engine.

This is a basic analogy that you have probably heard; it runs in the natural healthcare world. And, I am obviously drawing a parallel between the light on the dashboard and your headache. Or indigestion. Or sore throat. You name the symptom, the point is the same.

All symptoms are warning signs that something is wrong or malfunctioning in your body. If you treat the symptom by covering it up, the problem is still there, causing damage.

True health comes when your body is working properly, functioning as it should. If you experience a symptom, you need to find the cause of the problem, and correct it.

Like I said, I used to get frequent headaches. And then I found out what caused them (for me): sugar! Sugar caused them. And now that I've reduced my sugar intake dramatically, I only get headaches when I'm not drinking enough water. This is the case for my body; everyone is different, and you might have different triggers.ย 

If you want to stop getting headaches, try these most common solutions:ย 

1. Drink enough water. Enough means 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day. Drink more if you're sick or healing, pregnant or nursing, trying to lose weight, exercising or perspiring a lot. And water means WATER. Not liquids which "have water in them".
2. Avoid processed sugar. This includes corn syrup.
3. Avoid caffeine.
4. Avoid artificial sweeteners, MSG, and other known toxins.ย 

These are some ways to avoid headaches. But the main philosophy I'm sharing is that of: search for the root of the problem instead of covering up the symptom.

Taking a pill promotes sickness. The chemicals in the pill are not good for your body. They do not promote life. That's why there's a warning label on the bottle telling you to keep it out of the reach of children. It's not any better for you than it is for them; it just won't kill you right away.

Staying away from toxins and drinking water promote life and healing. They do not hurt you in any way, and can only help your body--not only get rid of headaches but in other functions as well. You may be able to avoid headaches (and other symptoms) naturally by following these principles.

Choose life.

Headaches

Want to know more about avoiding headaches and other symptoms naturally? Get those and other healthy tips for real families at http://FamilyNatural.com. Dr. Kim Goldman is a Chiropractic Physician. She raises five children at home, balancing natural and healthy living with "real life." She uses her knowledge of health and her passion for sharing it on her blog: FamilyNatural.com.




Avoid Headaches Naturally

Headaches